So Delicious Dairy Free
This was our first time using So Delicious products and they are so Fantastic!!!
I may be a bit biased as I am a HUGE fan of anything coconut, but trust me, So Delicious Dairy Free is good stuff!
On top of the Vegan Jalapeno cheddar corn bread and Vegan chocolate cream pie that I baked with So Delicious Coconut Milk,
I also tried their cultured coconut yogurt, and made a cucumber mint raita with it.
I tried their french vanilla coffee coconut milk creamer as well.
Oh so good. I LOVE the coffee creamer, and wish I could have it with me on our travels around the world!
Below are the successful and delicious recipes including photos.
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Bread
1package of corn bread mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix)
I substituted the milk for Original So Delicious Coconut Milk
I also substituted the 2 eggs needed with 1/3 cup of soft tofu (per egg)
4 jalapenos diced up
1/2 a bag of shredded vegan cheese (save some to sprinkle on the top of your bread or muffins later)
1/3 cup of sugar (Bob’s Red Mill doesn’t call for more added sugar, but I love my corn bread a tad on the sweet side)
1. Follow Bob’s Red Mill instructions
2. Add the Original So Delicious Coconut Milk, and soft tofu (in place of the milk and eggs)
3. Throw the jalapenos and shredded vegan cheese in the mix.
4. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie
1 store bought vegan pie shell
13 ounces of silken tofu
1/2 teaspoon of pink sea salt
3/4 cup of Original So Delicious Coconut Milk
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/4 cup of raw cocao powder
1 cup of maple syrup
1. Bake your vegan pie shell until lightly browned, and set aside.
2. Add Original So Delicious Coconut Milk to a small sauce pan, andd add a splash of maple syrup and bring to a boil.
set aside to cool a bit.
4. Blend on low at first, and then blend on high until smooth and creamy. Do a taste test, add more maple syrup if needed.
5. Poor the chocolate into your pie crust, and chill in fridge for 1-2 hours, or until the mixture is firmed and cooled completely.
Dairy Free Cucumber Mint Raita
1 large unpeeled cucumber, halved, seeded, and grated
1 cup plain So Delicious Plain Yogurt
1/4 cup (packed) chopped fresh mint
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon plus pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Wrap grated cucumber in paper towel or kitchen towel to squeeze dry.
2. Whisk So Delicious Plain yogurt, mint, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper in medium bowl and blend.
3. Add cucumbers and toss until coated, and season raita to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated) Sprinkle raita with pinch of cayenne pepper and serve.
Serve with Spicy falafal chips!!